High Point Branch Library
3411 South West Raymond Street
The High Point Library opened on Nov. 3, 1942, in a 14-foot by 16-foot cloakroom of the High Point Housing Project. The library was originally intended for project residents only, many of whom were federal defense workers. The only door in the library opened into the lobby of the building, not to the outside. The library began to welcome nearby residents in 1944.
In April 1961, the library moved to a larger space at 6338 32nd Ave. S.W. in a duplex provided by the Seattle Housing Authority. The second floor was sealed off, and the first floor was renovated to house the library in about 750 square feet of space. In the mid-1970s, the library expanded to 1,200 square feet. In 1996, the library received new paint, carpeting and furniture, and in March of that year it installed five computers for the public.