Henry Waldinger Memorial Library
60 Verona Place
The library was organized in 1932 as the Valley Stream Free Library through the combined efforts of interested citizens. Funds were obtained by conducting card parties; books were donated by the people of Valley Stream. Two rooms above a store on Rockaway Avenue at Valley Stream Boulevard served as the library's first home. Mrs. Elizabeth Kelly was the first librarian. Under her guidance, the library flourished and grew despite great odds, inadequate space, and limited funds.