Hampton Falls Free Library
7 Drinkwater Road
The mission of the Hampton Falls Free Library is to provide the adults and children of Hampton Falls with the best possible recreational, informational and educational materials and resources, both print and non-print, and to ensure access to these materials, in order to supplement life-long learning and to meet diverse needs and interests of the community.
It is the philosophy of the Library Trustees that the Library serves all members of the community. We are a small town and, as such, we can give personal service to those who need it. Although we will supplement the curriculum of the local schools insofar as we know it, we will not focus on the curriculum when purchasing our materials. The library adheres to the principles of the American Library Association's Library Bill of Rights and Freedom to Read Statement.
There has been a library in the town of Hampton Falls since 1780. In 1901, John T. Brown purchased the Christian Baptist Meeting House, furnished the building as a library and presented it to the town on August 25, 1901. In 2000, the overwhelming majority of voters at town meeting voted to appropriate funds for a new library. On July 14, 2001 more than one hundred volunteers moved 13,000 items from the old library to the new library, and the new Hampton Falls Free Library was dedicated on August 25, 2001, marking the centennial of the first library's dedication.