The Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum is dedicated to promoting a public understanding of the railroad-related activities in the general area of Hagerstown, Maryland by restoration, preservation, entertainment and education.
The principal goals of the museum include:
- Preservation and restoration of the historic railway equipment, including steam and diesel locomotives, passenger cars, freight cars and other rolling stock.
- Establishment of a tourist railway line operating on a regular basis.
- Promotion of commuter and AMTRAK service for Hagerstown and the region.
- Public education as to the energy efficiency and ongoing value of rail transport.
- Promotion of a network of modern, high-speed passenger trains for North America.
- Development of outbuildings for restoration and display.
- Public enjoyment of railroading through exhibits, trips, lectures and other media.
Tuesday, Sep 29, 2020 at 7:00pm Pacific Time
Online via Zoom
Wednesday, Sep 30, 2020 at 5:30pm Eastern Time
Streaming online via One Day University
Thursday, Oct 1, 2020 at 7:00pm Eastern Time
Live Online Video Event