The Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum is dedicated to promoting a public understanding of the railroad-related activities in the general area of Hagerstown, Maryland by restoration, preservation, entertainment and education.
The principal goals of the museum include:
- Preservation and restoration of the historic railway equipment, including steam and diesel locomotives, passenger cars, freight cars and other rolling stock.
- Establishment of a tourist railway line operating on a regular basis.
- Promotion of commuter and AMTRAK service for Hagerstown and the region.
- Public education as to the energy efficiency and ongoing value of rail transport.
- Promotion of a network of modern, high-speed passenger trains for North America.
- Development of outbuildings for restoration and display.
- Public enjoyment of railroading through exhibits, trips, lectures and other media.
Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 9:00am
Jefferson County Council On Aging
Friday, Jun 21, 2019 at 8:00am
Frederick County Sheriffs Office
Friday, Jun 28, 2019 at 10:00am
Taneytown Senior Activity Center
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR