The Friends is a group of people dedicated to supporting the Library and its staff. As an independent, non-profit organization, the Friends raise funds via book sales and annual membership dues. With these funds, the Friends provide library service and programs beyond those in the Library's annual budget.
- Hold annual spring and fall book sales
- Maintain three used book sale areas in the library throughout the year (adult and children's book shops near the circulation desk on the first floor, and the upper adult book shop on the second level.)
- Gratefully accept tax-deductible donations of clean, gently-used books, CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes and audiobooks
What do the funds raised by the Friends support?
- Museum Passes or reduced-fee coupons to numerous Greater Boston area museums.
- Enrichment programs for children, teens and adults
- Purchases of special equipment and furniture for the library
- DVD collection additions
- Movie nights
- One Book, One Bedford community reading event
- Summer reading programs
- History lecture series
- Laptops for in-library use
- Kindle ebook readers and much, much more
How can you help?
- Become a member
- Donate books and audiovisuals
- Frequent the used book carts
- Shop at the book sales
- Volunteer your time
If you are interested in becoming a member, print out the Membership Form and mail it in or drop it off at the library.
The Friends of the Bedford Free Public Library is a 501 (c) (3) organization.
Monday, Oct 18, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Tuesday, Oct 19, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time
Tuesday, Oct 19, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR