Francesville-Salem Township Library
201 West Montgomery Street
Early in the year 1915, the people of Francesville and Salem Township began making organized efforts to make a public library a reality in their community.
The Carnegie Corp. of New York had agreed to furnish nine thousand dollars to the Town of Francesville and Salem Township jointly to erect a library on condition that the town and township pledge to support the library at a cost of not less than $900.00 a year and also provide a suitable site for the building. The building was completed and dedicated on November 2, 1916.
In 1987 the meeting room was converted to a separate children's library. On September 18, 1999 a ground breaking ceremony was held for the renovation and addition to the old building. The new addition increased the size from 2838 square feet to 6034 square feet, and also has an elevator at ground level for handicapped people.