539 First Street
Floyd Memorial Library, in Greenport, New York, was founded in 1907. The stone building was donated by Grace Floyd in honor of her father, David Gelston Floyd, in 1917. In July of 1997, after approval by the voters, ground was broken for a 1.3 million dollar expansion. The library dedication was held on May 22, 1999 and since then we have hosted many concerts, adult and children's programs, and numerous activities.