Florence Center For The Arts
523 Cherokee Road
The mission of the Florence Center for the Arts is to plan for and build a downtown facility, which will be a center for the performing arts and home for resident arts groups of the Pee Dee region.
The purpose of the Florence Center for the Arts, Inc. is to preserve and enhance our arts resources by establishing a permanent home for the cultural arts in downtown Florence. At present, the capital campaign goal for the Florence Center for the Arts is to raise $14 million, of which $11 million is facility construction and $3 million for an endowment.
The Florence Center for the Arts will include the following components:
- A main stage hall of 1,200 seats.
- A second flat floor performance hall of 300 seats.
- A flexible educational space that can be a dance and performance rehearsal space and/or serve as a classroom(s).
- Outdoor amphitheatre /landscaped area for outdoor performances, with stage.
- Elegant lobby that can serve as a rental facility for events, with some exhibition space and catering capacity.
- Concessions and box office spaces.
- Office headquarters for the PAC and area arts organizations.
"We believe that The Florence Center for the Arts will be sustainable and economically vital to the City of Florence, serving as a key anchor for downtown redevelopment and investment. We believe that by serving as an active programmer, the Center will create a new consumer base for downtown that will in turn stimulate new economic development and increase in property values."- Louise Stevens, Arts Market consulting firm 11/03.