Firestone Park Branch Library
1486 Aster Avenue
The new Firestone Park Branch replaces the Chamberlain Branch Library, itself the successor to the original Firestone Branch. The Chamberlain Branch was the first of a series of new library buildings built in the 1950's and 60's. It opened in 1951 at a cost of $69,690 including furniture and equipment. The 4,850 square foot building was named for James W. Chamberlain whose bequest in 1921 to the Akron-Summit County Public Library has funded the Chamberlain Scholarships and many other educational projects of the library system.
Current library statistics show that Chamberlain Branch circulated 141,308 items in 2004 and has a current collection of 45,569 items.
We are open 6 days a week to meet your needs for education, information and recreation.
Our friendly, skilled staff includes a branch manager, who is also the adult services librarian and three children's librarians: a librarian serving primarily young childern and their families (babies through grade 3), and one job-share team serving intermediate school age children and teens (grades 4-12).