- Defending the Penjajawoc Marsh from proposals to build a Wal-Mart "supercenter" adjacent to the state's largest freshwater marsh. More
- Stemming the population declines of endangered least terns and piping plovers through careful monitoring and management of the birds' breeding colonies to set them on the road to recovery.
- Strengthening the state endangered species act to protect critical habitat.
- Developing Maine's first timberharvesting standards to limit clearcutting and record the extent of logging operations.
- Researching ecological, recreational, timber, cultural, and economic resources in Maine's 15 million acre Northern Forest as part of the effort to develop a conservation plan for this vital region.
- Promoting public awareness of lake-ecology issues through a statewide loon count and involvement in state lake policy initiatives.
- Providing hands-on, experiential nature programs especially designed to excite curiosity and introduce the concept of stewardship to over 8000 students a year.
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 5:30pm
Tiller & Rye
Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 10:00am
The Commons at Central Hall
Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 4:30pm
Meet: Superintendent's House at Mt Hope Cemetery
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR