East Hartford Community Cultural Center
50 Chapman Place
Originally East Hartford's second high school, this structure was erected in 1917 to replace the first high school located at Main and Chapman which was destroyed by fire in 1915. The building was added to in 1928, 1936, and 1941. It served as a high school until June 1954 when it was converted into an elementary school and, upon abandonment of the old Center School at Church Corners, the Board of Education offices were transferred to the building in 1955.
During the years of 1996 - 1997, a major renovation to the building transformed it into the East Hartford Community Cultural Center (EHCCC) which stands here today.
Through these years, EHCCC has played host to numerous community and cultural events and is continuing this tradition by providing quality concerts and venues from diverse and talented artists.