Eagle Lake Trail starts on the Sheltowee Trace National Recreation Trail Section 5 and proceeds to Eagle Lake. A short portion of the trail is on Forest Service land, on Cumberland Ranger District.
Created in 1950 with the impoundment of Evans Branch on the northern edge of the campus, this pristine, 30-acre lake was named for the majestic symbol of Morehead State University, the American Bald Eagle. Except for a small portion at the north end where Evans Branch empties into the lake, the shoreline property is owned by Morehead State University.
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR