371 Main Street
Philanthropist Cornelius Sweetser, who was a distant cousin of Wadlin Sweetser left the Dyer Library $10,000 as a maintenance fund. The building fund was provided by the estate of Mrs. John C. Bradbury, but the Association Secretary at the time of the building was Hampden Fairfield, the executor of the Sweetser estate. The general contractor was J. H. Randall of Portland and the mason was Edwin R. Bradbury of Saco. After more than a half century in this building, the Dyer Library moved north in 1955 to the home of former board president F. C. Deering. In 1974, a new wing was added. This broad L-shaped corridor and gallery, new offices, the Deering Room and Board Room and what is now the Reed's Children's Room. In 1976, the Dyer Library and Saco Museum joined together, forming a new Dyer Library Association.