3565 Fruitvale Avenue
The first Dimond Branch officially opened January 7, 1915, following a year of library service offered on a volunteer basis by the Fruitvale Women's Club. It occupied four different sites before moving to the present location. The current Dimond Branch opened in 1980, at 3565 Fruitvale Avenue, a half block above MacArthur Boulevard, replacing a very small branch in the Dimond district and two storefront branches in the Glenview and Laurel districts. The intersection of MacArthur Boulevard and Fruitvale Avenue has been and is considered the hub of the Dimond District.
Dimond Branch has approximately 75,000 books, compact disks, videos, DVDs, audio books, audiocassettes, and magazines and newspapers for all ages. Circulating materials are largely of popular interest, with a strong emphasis on practical how-to topics and fiction.