Detroit Public Library - Sherwood Forest Branch
7117 West Seven Mile Road
Established in 1942, with the present building opening in February 20, 1951. Named for the area of the city which it serves, which in turn, was named for the English forest which was legendary seat of operations of Robin Hood.
The Sherwood Forest Branch provides special juvenile and adult programs throughout the year. Other services offered include an extensive African American collection, a children's collection, adult and juvenile audio books, public access computers, two copy machines, tax forms, a collection of African American, westerns, classics, romance, and general fiction paperbacks, as well as current bestsellers.