Darby Creek Golf Course sits on 204 naturally rolling acres located in the rural southeast corner of Union County. The course layout takes advantage of this setting by blending in with the pristine countryside that surrounds it. A portion of the golf course was formerly home to The Ohio Orchard Company from the 1920's to mid 1980's. The orchard drew people from long distances with their apples, peaches, cherries, strawberries and melons. Four cherry trees still stand at the entrance to the golf course. Sitting next to hole #4 tee box is the Woods-Reeds Cemetery, the site of the first Presbyterian Church in Union County est. 1800c until it burned down and was rebuilt in nearby Milford Center. The golf course maintains the cemetery which consists of approximately 30 graves dating in the 1800's. The oldest identified is that of Rev. Samuel Woods the first pastor of the church who was laid to rest at the ripe old age of 36 in 1815. The woods throughout the back 9 were a favorite for sugar camps set up to draw syrup from the many maple trees. A large rock next to #14 tee box marks a grave of an unknown individual. Local folklore has it is the result of an argument between two brothers who had over indulged in sugar beer from their still.
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR