What Is CuriOdyssey?
CuriOdyssey brings children and families up close with the natural world. Our mission is to educate and inspire people to take care of the earth wisely. We offer the tools to question and explore our world: interactive science exhibits, hands-on and explorative school and public programs, and up close encounters with native California animals.
- Science exhibits: interactive science exhibits that help children explore how nature’s many complex systems work together to create our environment.
- Wildlife exhibits: live animal habitat exhibits that allow visitors an up close view of native non-releasable animals. CuriOdyssey is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). Fewer than 10% of zoos and aquariums nationwide are accredited by AZA.
- Wildlife programs: exciting programs designed to give visitors an opportunity to meet and learn about our primarily native California animals in up close and personal interactions.
- School science programs: hands-on, engaging on- and off-site environmental science education programs designed to support school and group educators in science education.
- Public education programs: hands-on, explorative programs for the general public that give children and families the opportunity to investigate, discover, and interact with the natural world through workshops, tours, presentations, and camps.
Why Is This Important?
CuriOdyssey is a cornerstone community institution. More than 100,000 Bay Area children and families visit the museum each year. CuriOdyssey is recognized locally and nationally as a leader in informal science education:
- In 2009 the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC) presented Rachel Meyer, Executive Director, the Roy L. Shafer Leading Edge Award for Experienced Leadership in the Field.
- In 2009 our exhibition, The Science of Nature, was an international finalist for the Association of Science-Technology Centers' (ASTC) Roy L. Shafer Leading Edge Award for Visitor Experience.
- In 2010 we were recognized with the Nickelodeon Parent’s Pick Award for Best Museum in the San Francisco Area.
- In 2010, 2011, 2012 we were recognized as the Best Museum on the Peninsula by the readers of Bay Area Parent Magazine.
Wednesday, Aug 21, 2019 at 9:30am
Margaret Todd Senior Center
Thursday, Aug 22, 2019 at 9:30am
Belmont City Seniors
Thursday, Aug 22, 2019 at 12:30pm
San Mateo Senior Center
San Mateo, CA
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR