In 1760 Lord Jeffrey Amherst, with the help of General Goffe and a regiment of 800 men from New Hampshire, built a military road from Fort #4 in Charlestown, NH to Crown Point, NY or Fort Ticonderoga. This was then known as the Crown Point Military Road.
A section of the historic road passes through our Country Club's land. It begins with our entrance road, follows through the parking lot, then between the sixth hole's white and green tee areas, past the golf cart storage barn and on out through the woods to the right of the tenth fairway, continuing on into the woods past the right side of the tenth green.
With historic background such as this, we very naturally named our golf course Crown Point Country Club. There is a historic marker in back of the fifth tee commemorating this pre-revolutionary fact.
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR