The Chambersburg YMCA is a community fellowship of youth and adults, united by a common loyalty to Jesus Christ for the purpose of developing the spiritual, mental, physical and social lives of our youth, our families and our communities. As such a community, the YMCA seeks to help individuals:
- Develop self-confidence and self-respect and an appreciation of their own worth as individuals.
- Grow as responsible members of their families and citizens of their communities.
- Appreciate that health of mind and body is a sacred gift and that physical fitness and mental well-being are conditions to be achieved and maintained.
- Recognize the worth of all persons, and to work for interracial and intergroup understanding.
- Develop a sense of world mindedness, and to work for world-wide understanding.
- Develop their capacities for leadership and use them responsibly in their own groups and in community life.
- Appreciate the beauty, diversity and interdependence of all forms of life and all resources which God has provided in the world, and to develop an ethical basis for guiding the relationships of mankind with the rest of God's natural community.