Ceredo-Kenova Memorial Public Library
1200 Oak Street
The Ceredo Kenova Memorial Public Library, located at 1200 Oak Street in Kenova, WV, has been in its present location since December 1984. The building was constructed with Federal Jobs Program funding, local fund-raising by volunteers, and substantial assistance from the First Bank of Ceredo and Alex Booth, Jr., who made a memorial gift in honor of his father. The City of Kenova gave a long-term lease of the property for the new library at its current location.
The library was moved to its present location from the CK War Memorial Building located at the corner of 12th and Poplar Streets in Kenova. Prior to the CK War Memorial building location, library services were offered by volunteers in a small building in the 1800 block of Pine Street in Kenova. That building opened in 1949. Three years later, 1951, the library moved into the CK War Memorial Building. The CK Memorial Public Library remained there until moving to the new building and current location in 1984.
The library currently houses over 32,000 books, book cassettes, videos, and magazines. Four computers provided by the Gates Foundation are available to the public. Occasional computer classes are offered to the public. Additional adult and children's programming is offered throughout the year.