Centre Hall Area Branch Library
109 West Beryl Street
The Centre County Library opened October 25, 1939 and was the county's first public library. For 38 years the library was located at 203 N. Allegheny Street in the historic Miles-Humes House. In 1977 the library moved across the street to its present location at 200 N. Allegheny Street.
The Miles-Humes House is now the Centre County Library Historical Museum and remains an integral part of the library operation. The Pennsylvania Room houses an extensive collection of published and manuscript items relating to local history and genealogy and also features three rooms of historical exhibits relating to Centre County.