Central Florida Zoological Park
3755 NorthWest Highway 17-92
The Central Florida Zoological Park is dedicated to preserving the beauty and wonder of animals and their habitats. We are committed to sharing our knowledge, engaging visitors, and celebrating our natural world.
First established as the Sanford Zoo in 1923 with a collection of donated animals held by the Sanford Fire Department. In 1941, the zoo was relocated to new facilities in downtown Sanford, on the site of the present City Hall. The new zoo, the Central Florida Zoological Society, opened its doors at its present site on July 4, 1975 and it continues to grow as Seminole County's premier recreational and educational attraction.