The Centennial Campus Center is located in the headquarters of the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission-- a "green" building designed to limit environmental impact related to its construction and operation. This sustainable structure is the first of its kind on campus and features:
* Daylighting and energy efficiency
* Earth-friendly building materials
* Careful management of water and solid waste
* Environmentally friendly landscaping
* Active rain gardens and detention wetland
The Center's interior displays teach visitors about ecological succession and the role human choices play in shaping nature in the Piedmont. The Center has an auditorium where visitors can view a 20-minute video with a timeline of changes in the Piedmont, from natural wildlife areas to suburban sprawl. The history, exhibits, video and outside demonstration areas make the Center a great place for family or group field trips.
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR