1855 Greenville Road
The Bristol Public Library has long been a source of pride to its local residents. Located near the center of Bristol Township at St. Rt. 45 and St. Rt. 88, the library continues to be a focal point for not only the Bristol community, but for much of northern Trumbull County as well.
Built in 1912, Bristol Public Library is still known as a Carnegie library, one of the many libraries built around that time period in the United States through the generosity of a philanthropist at the time, Andrew Carnegie. Carnegie donated $6000 towards the building of the library. The land for the 3525 square foot two-story library was donated by Judge and Mrs. Norman Gilbert. The judge donated many of his books and the library sent out postcards asking people for donations to help build the collection.
Since that time the library has grown and changed. A 5132 square foot addition, which now houses most of the library's services, was added to the back of the building in 1989. The Carnegie part was renovated and is used for offices, a meeting room, a history room, a reading area, and storage.
Today, the library's collection consists of over 40,000 items including puppets, books, magazines, videos, cassettes, CD-ROM's and CD's. Computers are now used to access the catalog of materials and Internet access is also available.