THE MISSION OF BELL HIGH SCHOOL IS TO: educate all students to the highest degree of their abilities socially, academically, and technologically so that they become contributing members of society.
School-Wide Learning Goals (SWLGs)
Bell High School students will by the time they graduate:
- Become critical, logical and independent thinkers who are academically and technologically prepared for success in a constantly changing society, as measured by graduation rates and successful completion of the A-G requirements.
- Write in a clear, organized and concise manner appropriate to the subject, as measured by LAUSD Periodic Assessments and the CAHSEE.
- Read for comprehension enabling them to analyze, interpret and evaluate written text, as measured by STAR, CFAs, and CSTs.
- Understand a broad array of math concepts, principles and operations in order to calculate, analyze and solve problems in readiness for everyday use and success in post secondary math, science, and engineering studies, as measured by CAHSEE pass rates, CFAs and CSTs.
- Learn and collaborate in a respectful and mature manner in classes and activities as measured by work habits and cooperation grades.