We exist to make a difference in people's lives through excellent patient care.
- People Above All …by treating those we serve and each other with compassion, dignity and respect.
- Excellence …by acting with integrity and striving for the highest quality care and service.
- Results …We show we value results by exceeding the expectations of the people we serve, as well as the expectations we set for ourselves.
We will be the market leader in clinical quality, customer service and operational performance by being…
- SMARTER …in the way we operate.
- FASTER …in acting on opportunities, challenges and change.
- BETTER …at all we do to provide care.
- TOGETHER …focusing on what matters most.
The health care professionals at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale, Ariz., have served the Northwest Valley for more than 25 years.
Opening in 1983 as Thunderbird Samaritan Medical Center, we have since expanded to 409 beds.
The hospital is currently going through a large renovation project including construction of a new 200-bed patient tower, a new main entrance, Emergency department, cafeteria and other areas. The patient tower is scheduled to open in May 2009.
Once construction is complete, Banner Thunderbird will become the largest hospital in the northwest Valley with 563 licensed beds in all private rooms.
Employing 2,750 employees, Banner Thunderbird is the fastest growing hospital in the state of Arizona in terms of market share and is the largest private employer in Glendale.
Banner Thunderbird offers state-of-the-art technology such as iCare, a telehealth program that provides an extra layer of monitoring for patients in intensive-care units. Banner Thunderbird also offers robotic surgery, which allows for faster recovery times for patients and a computerized system that reduces the chances of complications during labor and delivery.
Additionally, Banner Thunderbird houses a 24-bed Children’s Center and a 42-bed Behavioral Health Center. Banner Thunderbird has been a strong community partner. Our PALS program has helped fund numerous community projects.
Thursday, Nov 5, 2020 at 9:00am Mountain Time
Webinar hosted by Women's Business Center of Southern Arizona
Saturday, Nov 14, 2020 at 10:00am US Mountain Time
Wednesday, Nov 25, 2020 at 10:00am US Mountain Time