The Albert Lea Audubon Society was begun in 1948 with 16 charter members.
Its stated purposes were:Cardinal
To stimulate among its members and the community an increased interest in ecology and nature study, particularly ornithology
To promote sound conservation policies
To develop programs that would contribute to civic and cultural life
To do these things through educational, scientific, literary, historical and charitable pursuits
These statements were reaffirmed in 1983 when the Society was incorporated, and a Foundation was established.
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR