Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University is a public, comprehensive 1890 Land-Grant institution, committed to access and opportunity, and dedicated to intellectual inquiry. The application of knowledge and excellence in teaching, research and service is responsive to the needs of a diverse student population and the social and economic needs of the state and region. The University offers contemporary baccalaureate, master’s, educational specialist and doctoral level degrees to prepare students for careers in the arts, sciences, business, engineering, education, agriculture and technology. As a center of excellence, the University is dedicated to providing a student-centered educational environment for the emergence of scholars, scientists, leaders and critical thinkers, who are equipped to excel through their contributions and leadership in a 21st century national and global society.
Commitment to Our Mission
While much has changed on "The Hill", AAMU still maintains its commitment to its Mission:
- Excellence in education and a scholarly environment in which inquiring and discriminating minds may be nourished.
- The education of students for effective participation in local, state, regional, national, and international societies.
- The search for new knowledge through research and its applications.
- The provision of a comprehensive outreach program designed to meet the changing needs of the larger community.
- Programs necessary to adequately address the major needs and problems of capable students who have experienced limited access to education.
- Integration of state-of-the-art technology into all aspects of University functions.
Alabama A&M University, in cooperation with businesses, industrial and governmental agencies, and other institutions, provides a laboratory where theory is put into practice in a productive environment.
Tuesday, Nov 24, 2020 at 2:00pm Eastern Time
Tuesday, Nov 24, 2020 at 5:00pm Eastern Time
Wednesday, Nov 25, 2020 at 1:00pm Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR