Are you a senior citizen struggling to pay your Cook County property taxes? If so, there is a program in place to assist you with paying those taxes. If your annual household income is $55,000 or less you can apply to the Senior Citizen Real Estate Tax Deferral Program for loans to cover property tax payments. To qualify, homeowners must be at least 65 years old by June 1 of the year in which the application is made.
· Download the application from cookcountytreasurer.com
· Submit the completed application and copies of the required documents to the Treasurer’s Office
· The deadline is March 1, 2020. Applications after that date cannot be accepted
· The First Installment for Tax Year 2019 is due March 3, 2020
· Homeowners must reapply every year
· Maximum loan is $5000 per year
Thursday, Oct 5, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
Tuesday, Oct 10, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
Goose Island Taproom
Friday, Oct 27, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
White Oak Library District: Crest Hill Branch
Crest Hill, IL
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR