The Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program is a federal program created to provide food assistance to families with students or young children who had reduced access to meals due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since the program was created in April 2020, P-EBT benefits have provided access to healthy and wholesome food to more than 504,440 Colorado children.
P-EBT benefits will be issued after the 2021-22 school year has ended and will be based on:
● School attendance and COVID-19 outbreak information reported by the student's school; OR
● SNAP participation for children born on or after August 2, 2015.
Families can use P-EBT funds to purchase foods based on their dietary needs and preferences from retailers in their communities. P-EBT School Enrollment funds are made available on a P-EBT card.
P-EBT SNAP Under 6 funds are made available on the household's SNAP EBT card where the child received the SNAP benefit for that particular month.
Eligibility for children enrolled in school:
● The student was enrolled in an NSLP school; AND
● Eligible for Free or Reduced-Price School meals; AND
● 100% remote or hybrid learning for at least one month; AND/OR
● In-Person learning impacted by COVID-19 outbreaks; AND/OR
● Extended school closures due to COVID-19.
More information on P-EBT School Enrollment can be found here. Eligibility for children not enrolled in school:
● Did not receive P-EBT benefits through school enrollment; AND
● Were born on or after August 2, 2015; AND
● Received a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefit between September 2021 and May 2022.
More information on P-EBT SNAP Under 6 can be found here. Tentative Benefit Issuance Schedule:
● September 2021 - December 2021 benefits: Beginning in August 2022
● January 2022 - May 2022 benefits: Issuance will be announced at a later date
More updates will be shared on the P-EBT website, on CDHS social media channels, and through community partners.
Contact Colorado P-EBT: Need help with your child's P-EBT benefits? You can reach the P-EBT Support Center Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon.
● Phone: 1.800.536.5298
● Text: 720.741.0550
● Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This story is provided by AARP Colorado. Visit the AARP Colorado page for more news, events, and programs affecting retirement, health care, and more.
Monday, Oct 3, 2022 at 12:00 p.m.
Corky Gonzales Denver Public Library
Friday, Oct 7, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
MALLEY SENIOR RECREATION CENTER
Tuesday, Oct 11, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
GREENWOOD VILLAGE POLICE DEPT
GREENWOOD VILLAGE, CO
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR