Does your car fit you? Find out if your seat, mirrors and steering wheel are adjusted for your maximum comfort and safety at a free “Carfit” checkup on Saturday, Dec.7 at Ala Wai Elementary School from 8 a.m. to noon.
Sponsored by AARP Hawaii, AAA and the Occupational Therapy Association of Hawaii, Carfit helps older drivers find out how well their vehicles “fit” them, demonstrates ways to improve comfort and safety, and promotes conversations about driver safety. The Carfit checkup coincides with National Older Driver Safety Week.
It takes about 20 minutes to complete the CarFit checklist with a trained occupational therapist and/or Carfit technician volunteer. The event is free and open to the public but registration is required by calling toll-free at 877-926-8300 or going online to aarp.org/HI and clicking on Upcoming Events.
The CarFit checklist includes the following and more:
· Ensuring clear line of sight over the steering wheel – at least three inches above the wheel
· Allowing plenty of room between driver’s chest and the front airbag and steering wheel
· Adjusting the seat for maximum comfort
· Adjusting head restraints
· Ensuring easy access to gas and brake pedals
· Adjusting the seat belt properly
· Positioning side and rearview mirrors
This story is provided by AARP Hawaii. Visit the AARP Hawaii page for more news, events, and programs affecting retirement, health care, and more.
Saturday, Feb 29, 2020 at 9:00am
Saturday, Feb 29, 2020 at 3:30pm
Windward Community College
Wednesday, Mar 4, 2020 at 10:00am
King Kalakaua Building Courtyard
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR