AARP NY and our friends at Audubon NY are proud to present a 4-part series, Birds in Your Backyard & Beyond. This program is meant for anyone who has an interest in watching birds and attracting them to your yard. We’ll review birding skills, ways to identify birds in our neighborhoods and nearby natural areas, and the incredible diversity of birds around us.
Please note this is a 4-part series. Be sure to register for each class individually!
- June 1 - Birding Skills: Whether a beginner or intermediate level birder, we can practice observation skills to identify a bird by sight or sound. We’ll take a look at the plethora of new resources out there to help you practice at home too.
- Register: https://aarp.cventevents.com/NYBirds6122
- June 8 - Tuning Our Ears to Bird Sounds: The sheer volume of songs and calls can often feel overwhelming for birders, but these sounds offer an opportunity and a challenge We will help you build your birding skills—and love of birds—by learning how to bird by ear.
- Register: https://aarp.cventevents.com/NYBirds6822
- June 15 - Birds of the Northeastern Forests: We’ll study Audubon’s focal species of our Healthy Forests program, learning to identify the birds, and their preferred habitats.
- Register: https://aarp.cventevents.com/NYBirds61522
- June 22 – Attracting Birds by the Season: Having a bird-friendly yard can make for a beautiful view. While most people think immediately of bird feeders to attract birds, we’ll also discuss enhancing your garden with native plants to attract birds and provide sustenance throughout the seasons.
- Register: https://aarp.cventevents.com/NYBirds62222
We look forward to seeing you virtually!
Stay Connected with AARP New York.
Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn