Join AARP IL to advocate for what is important to our members. You can do this by reaching your legislators in their home districts.
The time commitment is minimal and this is a great opportunity to meet new people!
“AARP believes that volunteer service is a unique and valuable contribution which benefits both the volunteer and society…”
The In District Liaison will work closely with staff partner(s) to engage State Representatives and State Senators in each of their voting districts. This can be performed in an average of 10-15 hours per month (or less).
- Required participation in weekly volunteer calls (Monday 9 a.m.) to learn about the issue(s) for the your visits/drop–byes (monthly Jan- May , otherwise bi-monthly)
- Conduct brief and focused drop-byes (as needed) to State Legislator’s offices to build relationships and to leave information regarding the current issues
- Schedule in person meetings with State Legislators or senior staff when there is a specific ask on behalf of AARP members and the 50+ community
- Report on both personal interaction and local news generated by the officials that impacts our work
- Commitment to the goals and priorities of AARP
- Constituent and registered voter in the assigned legislative district
- Access to computer, e-mail and web/computer based communications
- Ability to understand and communicate legislative information and processes
For more information contact Ellen Acevedo: email@example.com