AARP is accepting nominations for its 2020 Mississippi Andrus Award for Community Service, which honors 50+ Mississippians who are sharing their experience, talent, and skills to enrich the lives of their community members.
“AARP Mississippi is excited to shine a light on 50+ Mississippians who are using what they’ve learned in life to make a difference in the lives around them,” said AARP Mississippi State Director Kimberly L. Campbell, Esq.
AARP Mississippi will evaluate nominations based on how the volunteer’s work has improved the community, supported AARP’s vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers. The award recipient will be announced in early fall.
AARP Mississippi Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
· Nominee must be 50 years old or older.
· The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay. AmeriCorps VISTA and Senior Corps programs volunteers (Senior Companions, Foster Grandparents, RSVP, and Senior Demonstration Programs) are eligible.
· The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and purpose.
· The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must be replicable and provide inspiration for others to volunteer.
· Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
· This is not a posthumous award.
Please contact AARP Mississippi at email@example.com for further information and a nomination form. The application deadline is July 15, 2020.
The AARP Andrus Award for Community Service is an annual awards program developed to honor individuals whose service is a unique and valuable contribution to society. Last year, AARP recognized 50 outstanding individuals and couples from around the country.
This story is provided by AARP Mississippi. Visit the AARP Mississippi page for more news, events, and programs affecting retirement, health care, and more.
Tuesday, Aug 18, 2020 at 6:00pm Central Time
Tuesday, Aug 18, 2020 at 10:00am Central Time
Tuesday, Aug 18, 2020 at 7:30pm Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR