AARP in St. Louis 2022 Preview
Here is a snapshot of AARP opportunities in the works for the first part of 2022.
- St. Louis Symphony Orchestra (SLSO)
- Lift Every Voice – 2/25/22 – Join us in celebration of Black History Month by taking advantage of a special discount for this annual performance. Members along with their friends and family members may purchase one ticket and receive a second for free. Stay tuned for the link and more details coming out in mid-January.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark – 2/18/22 – View the film with the SLSO providing the score/music live. A wonderful way to experience this blockbuster film directed by Steven Spielberg. Members along with their friends and family members may purchase one ticket and receive a second for free. More details coming in mid-January.
- Soul Cinema
- Join us every weekend during the month of February for a free virtual film screening in celebration of Black History Month. Four different films will be offered – watch one or watch them all. While most of the films are being finalized, we do have one locked in for the first weekend of February (4-6), Voodoo Macbeth. Check out the trailer here. More details coming soon!
- Moving It!
- The popular virtual fitness program, Moving It!, will continue in 2022. Fitness programs for all ages and abilities will be made available live and on-demand. The first program of the year will be Movement for LIFE starting on January 5th. Additional 8 week program offerings will be offered like Forever Fit. Remember to check www.aarp.org/movingit for the most current information.
- Food for Thought
- A virtual series on brain health on topics such as: Healthier lifestyle = healthier brain; Current research on dementia including treatments; 10 warning signs to look for in yourself or a loved one; and impact of environments (like where people live, learn, work, play, worship) on brain health. Professionals with the Alzheimer’s Association Greater Missouri Chapter will present the content for this series.
- Ten Toe Express
- Program designed and delivered by Citizens for Modern Transit, AARP in St. Louis serves as the presenting sponsor of this program that incorporates using public transit and exploring the riches of the St. Louis region. Not only do you get to see new places in St. Louis, you get a bit of exercise and the opportunity to meet new people. This program kicks off in April and goes through June. More details to come in February.