Monday, Mar 30, 2020 at 5:00pm
Please call before attending any community events. It is likely that they will be postponed or canceled as a result of the coronavirus. You can find CDC coronavirus information at cdc.gov/coronavirus; AARP has additional resources at aarp.org/coronavirus.
Evening classes are now available at Mercy Diabetes Center. The program is for people newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and will be held Mondays from 5-7 p.m. A physician referral is required.
Did you know there are four different group classes included in Mercy's Education Program?
- changes in the body related to diabetes
- nutrition and diabetes
- physical activity
- tools for adjusting to the diagnosis of diabetes and the ongoing recommended self-management tasks
- medications used to help manage type 2 diabetes
- identification and prevention of the acute and chronic complications of diabetes
- resources for ongoing education about living with type 2 diabetes
For scheduling or questions, please call (319) 398-6711.
Location: Suite 800
AARP will host a weekly live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursday at 1 pm (ET). Please join us each week for the latest information on the Coronavirus.Read More »
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR