Monday, Oct 12, 2020 at 9:00am
The class prepares patients and their families for the “pathway to recovery” after total joint replacement surgery. The class includes:
- Ways to prepare the home for safety and comfort after discharge
- A checklist of what is needed before surgery
- Methods of pain management
- Pre-op and post-op exercises
- Outpatient physical therapy locations
- Role of a support person through the recovery phase
- Equipment needed at home
The group setting provides a supportive atmosphere where information and stories are shared. During class you will have the opportunity to meet members of the orthopedic team and ask questions.
Studies show that one of the major factors in a successful recovery from surgery is knowing what to expect during your hospital stay and when you go home. Family members and support persons are strongly encouraged to attend.
For more information contact: 412.749.7474
Monday, Sep 21, 2020 at 1:00pm Eastern Time
Tuesday, Sep 22, 2020 at 12:00pm Eastern Time
Tuesday, Sep 22, 2020 at 7:00pm Eastern Time
Online via Zoom