Wednesday, Dec 2, 2020 at 4:00pm
This two-hour pre-operative class is for total joint replacement patients only with a physician referral. If you are planning total hip or total knee replacement surgery, this class will help you prepare for your surgery and recovery.
This class should be scheduled with Licking Memorial Orthopedic Surgery. It is taught by a nurse, case manager and physical therapist – staff members who will be directly involved in your care.
During the class, you will learn:
- Actions to take before surgery
- What you should know and ask about pre-admission testing
- Information about the total knee or hip replacement procedure
- What to expect during your Hospital stay
- What types of resources are available to help you after discharge
- Exercises to perform before and after surgery
- How to prepare your home for a safe return
- How to use a walker
- How to protect your new hip or knee after surgery
- What to expect during your recovery
The information discussed during the class also will be given to you in a packet for your review and planning. Classes are offered four times a month. We recommend that you bring a support person with you to class so that he or she will know how to best help you while you are recovering at home. You can register to attend a morning or late afternoon class.
Tuesday, Nov 3, 2020 at 9:00am Eastern Time
Tuesday, Nov 10, 2020 at 9:00am Eastern Time
Tuesday, Nov 17, 2020 at 9:00am Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR