Join us for this seven-week program where you will practice exercises and learn strategies to help prevent you from falling. This program empowers older adults with the tools to reduce the risks of falls.
You will learn and practice the following strategies:
- Simple and fun balance and strength exercises
- The roll vision plays in keeping your balance
- How medication can contribute to falls
- Ways to keep from falling when out and about
- What to look for in safe footwear
- How to eliminate fall hazards in your home
This workshop is designed for:
- Individuals age 65 or older who don't have dementia
- Those who have fallen in the past year or have a fear of falling
- Those who live on their own in a home or apartment and don't use a wheelchair or walker full-time in the home.
Cost: $40, Bryan LifePointe Members; $50, non-members
For more information Bryan LifePointe at 402-481-6300
This event listing provided for the Lincoln community events calendar. Community events are not associated with or sponsored by AARP, but may be of interest to you. If you have an event to share, let us know!
Images provided by AmericanTowns.com, Ticketmaster