Monday, Nov 11, 2019 at 3:30pm
Cancer patients and survivors are invited to take part in a weekly 60-minute yoga class, free of charge, intended to increase physical, mental, and spiritual well-being through the practice of gentle restorative poses and relaxation techniques.
Research suggests that structured yoga during cancer treatment may:
- Boost mood, energy levels, and appetite
- Combat the side effects of treatment, especially fatigue and depression
- Enhance quality of life by relieving stress and anxiety, which in turn reduces heart rate
- Lowers blood pressure, and eases respiration.
- Provide a support system to assist you in coping with the emotional toll of cancer
- Reduce sensitivity to pain
Contact: For more information 269-556-2880.
Location: Marie Yeager Cancer Center Ward Conference Room.
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR