Cancer patients and survivors are invited to take part in a weekly 60-minute yoga class, free of charge, intended to increase physical, mental, and spiritual well-being through the practice of gentle restorative poses and relaxation techniques.
Research suggests that structured yoga during cancer treatment may:
- Boost mood, energy levels, and appetite
- Combat the side effects of treatment, especially fatigue and depression
- Enhance quality of life by relieving stress and anxiety, which in turn reduces heart rate
- Lowers blood pressure, and eases respiration.
- Provide a support system to assist you in coping with the emotional toll of cancer
- Reduce sensitivity to pain
Please remember to wear comfortable clothes that you can move in easily, and consult your healthcare provider before you begin. It is preferable to practice in bare feet so bring socks if your feet tend to get cold.
Contact: For more information 269.556.2808
Location: Marie Yeager Cancer Center Ward Conference Room.
This event listing provided for the Saint Joseph community events calendar. Community events are not associated with or sponsored by AARP, but may be of interest to you. If you have an event to share, let us know!
Images provided by AmericanTowns.com, Ticketmaster