Friday, Oct 9, 2020 at 8:00am
Leap for Life is a free one-day education seminar that provides information about managing cardiovascular disease and how to reduce your chance of developing future heart problems. When you enroll in a Leap for Life workshop, you will receive:
- Education on anatomy of the heart, how the cardiovascular system works, and the disease process
- Review of cardiac medications: indications and side effects
- Overview of heart healthy eating guidelines, label reading and reviewing foods found in the grocery store that fit into healthy eating plan.
- Guidelines for developing a regular exercise program
- Review of cardiovascular risk factors
- Education about stress and stress management techniques
Take a few hours out of your schedule and listen to professionals speak about changes you can make to improve your overall heart health. Please plan to attend one of the seminar dates while you are enrolled in the Cardiac Rehabilitation program.
For more information or to register, please speak to a cardiac rehab staff member or call 469.814.4858
Sunday, Sep 20, 2020 at 12:00pm Central Time
Sunday, Sep 20, 2020 at 2:00pm Central Time
Monday, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:00am Central Time