Thursday, Jul 18, 2019 at 1:00pm
Thank you for choosing A Joint Adventure and the Johnston Health Joint Center for your total joint replacement surgery. We look forward to helping you get back to a healthier, more active lifestyle.
We want our surgery patients to feel comfortable about their procedure and to be educated on proper preparation and care. That’s why Johnston Health offers a complimentary class for joint replacement patients to guide you through the process, from home preparation before surgery to post-operative exercises.
During the class, you will receive special education from members of your joint replacement team, and they will answers any questions that you may have. You’ll learn about:
- Preparation for your surgery and hospital stay
- What to expect during your hospital stay
- Equipment and devices used during recovery
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- After hospital discharge plans and needs
- Managing post-operative pain
- How to avoid complications
- Recommended exercises to give you a head start on recovery
Please register patients at the same time surgery is scheduled. It is strongly suggested that you bring a family member or friend to act as your coach.
Contact: 919-209-3470 / 919-209-3470
Location: All classes meet at our Smithfield location in the Physician’s Dining Room - Johnston Health Joint Center
Wednesday, Aug 21, 2019 at 1:00pm
Abbotts Creek Park Community Center
Saturday, Aug 24, 2019 at 10:00am
Poplar Springs Christian Church
Friday, Aug 30, 2019 at 10:00am
Abbotts Creek Community Center
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR