Friday, Dec 18, 2020 at 8:30am
Please call before attending any community events. It is likely that they will be postponed or canceled as a result of the coronavirus. You can find CDC coronavirus information at cdc.gov/coronavirus; AARP has additional resources at aarp.org/coronavirus.
Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. Register for a CardioHealth ultrasound and learn your risk of developing heart disease.
The CardioHealth ultrasound allows doctors to better assess risk and helps you take steps to prevent heart attack and stroke. With the pass of a wand, doctors can scan patients for hidden plaque build-up and increased thickness in the artery wall, both common signs of cardiovascular disease.
The heart attack and stroke screening includes:
- Advanced blood pressure screening (SphygmoCor® XCEL technology), which includes blood pressure at and around your heart and an indirect measurement of arterial stiffness which provides information about the health of your arteries and risk for heart disease and stroke
- 10-year-heart attack risk
- Ankle-brachial index ultrasound to detect peripheral arterial disease (if indicated)
- Blood glucose test
- Body fat measurement
- Body mass index (BMI) and hip to waist ratio
- Cardiac c-reactive blood test for inflammation
- CardioHealth carotid ultrasound
- Heart-health consultation
- Homocysteine blood test
- Lipid cholesterol panel
- Metabolic syndrome screening
- Review of family history
Following your screening, you will receive a personal consultation to discuss your findings and answer any questions you might have. If needed, we will design a follow up treatment plan involving your primary care physician.
The CardioHealth ultrasound is offered as part of the vascular screenings and executive health assessments available at the Cushman Wellness Center at the Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion.
Friday, Dec 11, 2020 at 1:00pm Pacific Time
WEBINAR hosted by Canterbury
Sunday, Jan 17, 2021 at 1:00pm Pacific Time
Webinar hosted by Women's Business Center at JEDI
Saturday, Dec 5, 2020 at 12:00pm Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR