Sunday, Oct 18, 2020 at 10:00am
Please call before attending any community events. It is likely that they will be postponed or canceled as a result of the coronavirus. You can find CDC coronavirus information at cdc.gov/coronavirus; AARP has additional resources at aarp.org/coronavirus.
-Costume Contest every Saturday 2:00pm
-Local Vendor Craft Show
-Enchanted Unicorn Encounter
-Butterfly Garden Experience
-Horse Drawn Carriage Rides
-Kids Fun Zone
-Mini Train Ride
-Animal Petting Zoo
-Torres Extreme Riders in the Globe of Death *Free Show*
-Torres One-Ring Family Circus *Free Show*
-Scarecrows – Mini, Medium, and Giant
-Mini Hay Bales
-White Ghost Pumpkins
-Food Truck Rally (check Facebook event/pages for trucks schedule)
-Roasted Corn: Elote (Mexican Style), Roasted Buttered Corn and Corn in a Cup
-Southern Sweet Tea
-Kona Ice Snow Cones
-Curly Fries – in front of animal barn
-Fresh Squeezed and Shaken Lemonade
-Fresh fruit cups! (with or without Tajin) – Fire Tacos food truck
-Homemade Fresh Fruit Juices – Fire Tacos food truck
-Kettle Corn and Cinnamon Kettle Corn (Tropical Kettle Korn)
-Wood Fire Pizza (Il Petraro)
-Pumpkin Pie – inside Farmer’s Market
-Hand-Dipped Big Olaf Ice Cream -including pumpkin flavor! – Inside Farmer’s Market
-Fresh Apple Cider – inside Farmer’s Market
-Cinnamon Glazed/Roasted Almonds, Cashews, and Pecans – Nutty Bavarian
Pumpkin Cooking Recipes
Savory Pumpkin Sauce:
3 tbs butter
2 tbs flour
1/2 a white onion, finely chopped
~1 cup pumpkin puree (preferably fresh, of course) (I’ve noticed the consistency of the sauce can change with the consistency and amount of the puree)
1 cup of vegetable broth (chicken may be appropriate too)
1 cup cream
salt (a pinch)
cinnamon (same as salt or more depending on your taste)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1. Heat 1tbs butter. Add onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion becomes translucent.
2. Melt the rest of the butter into the onions, then whisk in flour.
3. Stir cream, salt, cinnamon into mixture until incorporated.
4. Mix in pumpkin.
5. Add broth, 1/4 a cup at a time, until the desired consistency is reached. Simmer sauce for five minutes, adding more broth if it thickens beyond what is desired.
6. Add thyme.
1 baking pumpkin (pie pumpkin)
1 cup milk
1 tbs molasses
1 tbs butter
4 large eggs
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cut a lid from the pumpkin and clear the inner cavity of seeds and fibers.
3. Grease a dutch oven or baking dish not much larger than the pumpkin. Place pumpkin inside.
4. Mix milk, molasses, eggs, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger together until thoroughly combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the pumpkin and place butter on top.
6. Bake until the filling sets (about one hour).
7. When serving, dish out both the filling and some of the tender pumpkin.
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds:
1 tbs olive oil
salt (to taste)
spices (to taste. Pepper, cayenne, or nutmeg. whatever spices you and your family love most!)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line baking sheet with foil.
3. Toss clean pumpkin seeds in oil, salt, and spices. Spread evenly on tray.
4. Toast seeds in oven until brown and crisp.
2020 Food Truck Rally Lineup
Around the World!
-Gypsy Sliders, Il Petraro, Currywurst SRQ, Arekie Fusion, Stocking Stuffers, Smokin Momma Lora, Taste of Poland, Groovy Grill Bus, Ustabeez Mac N Stuff, Bowled Life, Croz’s Surf Shack, Deli Deli Sandwich Co., Gran Arepa, Tropical Kettle Korn and Kona Ice
Live Performances Times:
Bill Vinhage from 11:45-2:45pm
Danae, a young and talented solo violinist offers a live performance in our pumpkin patch From 2:00-4:00pm
Torres Family Circus and Extreme Riders Free daily showtimes each weekend 12:00 and 3:00pm
Admission, petting zoo, playground, live music, Torres Family Circus, decorated photo spots, costume contests are FREE!
Individual rides and activities, including pony rides, rock wall, bounce houses, zip line and pumpkin painting, have their own set price ranging from $1 – $10.
Monday, Nov 9, 2020 at 1:00pm Eastern Time
Monday, Nov 16, 2020 at 1:00pm Eastern Time
Monday, Nov 23, 2020 at 1:00pm Eastern Time