Friday, Nov 27, 2020 at 6:00pm
Please call before attending any community events. It is likely that they will be postponed or canceled as a result of the coronavirus. You can find CDC coronavirus information at cdc.gov/coronavirus; AARP has additional resources at aarp.org/coronavirus.
Our lighted holiday parade is back in 2021, but with a COVID-19 pivot. Enjoy lighted displays, floats, and holiday fun in a drive-through format through the City Park Campground in Winterset City Park!
Parade float theme:" Holiday Jingles "
All clubs, businesses, churches, groups, and organizations are welcome to bring floats and entries. Parade float theme is "Holiday Jingles".
For parade entries:
- All entries must be lighted.
- Dedicated electric is available onsite; however power strips, cords, etc. are not provided.
- Parks and Recreation Dept. will provide firewood for campfires at each site; you bring the fire!
- Please, no live Santas on the floats as Santa will be positioned on a fire truck.
- Entry forms must be returned by Friday, November 20 at 5:00 pm. Site assignments will be announced Tuesday, November 24.
- Displays may be set up as early as Friday, November 27 at 8:00 am.
- Entries and displays must be set up and ready by 5:30 pm. Judging begins at 5:45 pm.
- Judging categories include Best Entry by a Business, Best Entry by a Club, and Best Use of Theme
To download and print a parade entry form, click here!
Location: City Park Campground in Winterset City Park. Enter from E. Court Avenue
Monday, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:00am Eastern Time
Monday, Nov 30, 2020 at 3:00pm Eastern Time
Monday, Nov 30, 2020 at 6:00pm Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR