Thursday, Nov 12, 2020 at 10:00am
Please call before attending any community events. It is likely that they will be postponed or canceled as a result of the coronavirus. You can find CDC coronavirus information at cdc.gov/coronavirus; AARP has additional resources at aarp.org/coronavirus.
The following topics will be covered during the two-day class. Please read through the information below regarding referral and cost information.
- Diabetes overview and the disease process
- Nutrition and meal planning
- Activity and exercise
- Medications and insulin administration
- Monitoring and use of results
- Acute Complications such as hypoglycemia
- Chronic Complications – prevention, detection and treatment
- Foot, skin and dental care
- Goal setting and problem solving
- Community resources and new innovations
Attendees will receive a healthy lunch each day, blood glucose monitoring supplies, a notebook of education materials, and individual management recommendations will be provided to their healthcare provider. A family member or support person is encouraged to attend the class with you. After completing the 10-hour class, you will receive a three month follow-up call and may see a registered dietitian for individual consultation.
Location: TGH Family Care Center Healthpark Conference Room
Monday, Aug 3, 2020 at 2:00pm Eastern Time
Friday, Jul 10, 2020 at 7:00pm Eastern Time
Friday, Jul 17, 2020 at 7:00pm Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR