Education is the key to successfully managing your diabetes. You are the most important member of the diabetes management team. We will provide you with the knowledge and skills to control your blood sugar and live a healthy life.
These classes are taught by experienced healthcare professionals, including certified diabetes educators, registered nurses, and registered dietitians.
This 9-hour education program is for anyone who lives with diabetes. It’s especially important for the following: patients who were recently diagnosed with diabetes, have changed treatment or a nutrition plan, or are having difficulty controlling diabetes
WHAT WILL I LEARN:
- What is Diabetes?
- Nutrition & Meal Planning
- Exercise & Physical Activity
- Self Blood Glucose Monitoring
- Dealing with High & Low Blood Sugars
- Avoiding Long-term Complications
- Foot Care
- Goal Setting & Problem Solving
- Emotional Adjustment & Stress Management
- Healthy Lifestyle Changes
Calling HealthConnection at (716) 447-6205
This event listing provided for the Buffalo community events calendar. Community events are not associated with or sponsored by AARP, but may be of interest to you. If you have an event to share, let us know!
Images provided by AmericanTowns.com, Ticketmaster