Monday, Nov 30, 2020
Please call before attending any community events. It is likely that they will be postponed or canceled as a result of the coronavirus. You can find CDC coronavirus information at cdc.gov/coronavirus; AARP has additional resources at aarp.org/coronavirus.
The Carlisle Family YMCA Turkey Trot presented by Penn State Health is going VIRTUAL this year! We know everyone loves our event because of the family friendly atmosphere, the community camaraderie and getting some exercise in on Thanksgiving morning. You can still do all of that, just VIRTUALLY this year. With the event going virtual you can literally run / walk anywhere in the world from November 22-30. We are offering three distances (1 mile, 5K and 10K) and registration is only $10! In leu of age group and overall best time awards, we will have plenty of random prize drawings, fun contests, and lots of social media interaction. Challenge your family, your friends, or your co-workers from all around the world this year and have virtual bragging rights. AND YES, the GOLDEN FORKS are back for the TUCKEY TEAM CHALLENGE! We hope you will support the great work the Carlisle Family YMCA does in our community and help make this the best Virtual Turkey Trot ever!
P.S. See below for how to order swag through our pop-up store (brought to you by Will Enterprises).
This year’s virtual race will start Sunday, November 22 and will end at 11:59pm on Monday, November 30. You can upload your results to the race website at any time by following the directions in your confirmation email. That is where you also can print your Race Bib (sponsored by Bobby Rahal Automotive Group) and print out your Finishers Certificate (sponsored by Volvo Construction Equipment).
The race starts and finishes wherever you want it to. You can choose from three different distances (1 mile, 5K or 10K).
NEW & EXCITING FEATURES
- We are going Virtual for the first time!
- $10 registration
- Online merchandise store where you choose what you want from the shopping list and it ships directly to you. The cost of merchandise is in addition to your registration fee and goes through our shirt company (Will Enterprises)
- Share and post on Facebook to save money on your registration
- Want a FREE entry? Forward your registration link to others. When they register with your link, your entry gets cheaper (up to a free entry)! So spread the word with your confirmation link.
- Shoe collection for the MORE Foundation Group. Bring your gently used shoes (adult sizes 6-11) to the Carlisle family YMCA anytime during building hours.
SWAG: With the race being Virtual this year we are not holding packet pick-up, as there is nothing to pick up. When you register, you will get a confirmation email that has a link to our apparel pop-up store. Once you get to the store it will have a list of items you can choose. You will pay for those items through that pop-up store and the items will get shipped directly to you. A portion of the proceeds from the merchandise sale will come back to the Carlisle Family YMCA.
- Saturday, Oct. 31 at 11:45pm to make sure your SWAG gets to you before race week. First order of Swag will be ordered on November 1 and shipped directly to you.
- Monday, Nov. 30 at 11:45pm to get your SWAG in time for Christmas. Second and final SWAG run will be on December 1.
Award Categories: Prizes selected randomly or by YMCA Race Committee
Post all photos and videos on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and be sure to use #CarlisleTurkeyTrot
- Get creative! Most creative team name wins a prize and registers you for the Tuckey Team Challenge
- Best start and finish line celebrations (video or picture)
- Furthest race participant (mileage starts at Carlisle Family YMCA)
- Most creative water stop station (video or picture)
- Best costume (single and family)
- Most sponsor visits (at least 5 different sponsors with video or picture proof)
- Most unique / creative racecourse
- Best watchie (selfie with your watch)
- Best pet costume while doing the race (video or photo)
- Best running GIF
- And many more fun contests to be announced leading up to the race
Thank you to Appalachian Running Company and UPMC Carlisle for sponsoring the Awards this year!
Tuckey Team Award: The Golden Forks are back again this year! Once again there are two Golden Forks up for grabs. We will have a Business/Company division (must use business/company name as team name) and a Family & Friends division. The forks go to the teams with the most registered participants as of December 1. The Golden Forks are the perfect addition to anyone’s living room or office (Not recommended to use to eat turkey). Get your co-workers, friends or family and create a team today. P.S. It is virtual, so literally anyone in the world can join your team!
Thank you to The Tuckey Companies for sponsoring the Golden Forks Award!
Results: You can upload your results via your confirmation page, as well as print your finisher certificate. You will also be able to see live race results as people upload their time at this link: https://www.raceentry.com/results/carlisle-family-ymca-virtual-turkey-trot/view/2020?c=2001. You are also be able to access this link directly through your own confirmation email within the MANAGE YOUR REGISTRATION tab.
- Scroll down to “Upcoming Events” and click on the Turkey Trot event
- Click on results
Thank you to Volvo Construction Equipment for being our Race Result and Finisher Certificate Sponsor!
Weather Policy: The race will be held rain or shine……because it is virtual, and you can do it anytime race week. Go ahead, pick the worst day or the best day. It does not matter to us—just pick a day and do it!
*Race proceeds benefit the mission of the Carlisle Family YMCA's commitment to strengthen youth development, healthy living and social responsibility in our community.
Project SHARE welcomes your partnership in “Nourishing Our Community…Awakening Hope!”
This year’s “Virtual Turkey Trot” also will give you the opportunity to help a family in need during these challenging times.
Click on the link: https://wp.me/P7TaH3-28J to make a donation
Make sure you put Virtual Turkey Trot in the subject so you are entered to win a prize
If you prefer, you can also deliver a frozen turkey directly to Project SHARE at 5 N. Orange Street.
Many thanks from SHARE for your Thanks-Giving!”
Tuesday, Nov 24, 2020 at 10:00am Eastern Time
Tuesday, Nov 24, 2020 at 12:00pm Eastern Time
Tuesday, Nov 24, 2020 at 2:00pm Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR