Monday, Nov 2, 2020 at 6:30pm
Please call before attending any community events. It is likely that they will be postponed or canceled as a result of the coronavirus. You can find CDC coronavirus information at cdc.gov/coronavirus; AARP has additional resources at aarp.org/coronavirus.
GRMC’s Cancer Connections Support Group offers those who have had cancer and their families a support network to help them through the healing process. While not everyone wants or needs support beyond loved ones, you may find it helpful to turn to others outside your immediate circle. A support group may help you cope better and feel less isolated as you make connections with others facing similar challenges. Benefits of participating in support groups may include:
- Feeling less lonely, isolated or judged
- Gaining a sense of empowerment and control
- Improving your coping skills and sense of adjustment
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Reducing distress, depression, anxiety or fatigue
- Developing a clearer understanding of what to expect with your situation
- Comparing notes about resources, such as doctors and alternative options
Location: GRMC Family Meeting Room.
For more information, call 830.379.2411.
Wednesday, Sep 30, 2020 at 6:00pm
Thursday, Oct 1, 2020 at 10:30am Central Time
Thursday, Oct 1, 2020 at 5:00pm